2006 Yamaha R6
SPORT BIKE (350)
The 2006 Yamaha R6 just 8300 miles, still phenomenally capable, relevant, and good looking, especially in the red color scheme. Find a good used one and you'll have a sports classic that's still more than quick enough for most but for the price of a new budget bike. Just $ 3990
- All-new, light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production motorcycle Yamaha—or anybody else—has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 is the first production motorcycle with a fly-by-wire throttle system—for flawless response under all conditions.
- Straight frame concept: developed from the Yamaha M1 GP machine, the YZF-R6's steering head, swingarm pivot and rear axle all lie in a straight line—for unsurpassed handling—with an all-new inline four-cylinder engine designed for optimal layout and mass centralization.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
- Formula 1-style air management presents very small frontal area and excellent aerodynamics; new ram-air induction ducts cool, high-pressure air through the steering head for optimal combustion, more horsepower and enhanced engine cooling.
- 50th Anniversary Special Edition model celebrates Yamaha racing heritage with classic black and yellow livery and special badging.
- Compact, lightweight 67 x 42.5mm 599cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder features titanium valves, 12.8:1 compression and compact combustion chambers to produce maximum power at 14,500 rpm.
- YCCT—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle—uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted, under all conditions.
- Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Back torque-limiting slipper clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Despite the increased bore, piston and pin weight has been reduced for more power and less vibration; 1mm smaller main journals reduce friction while 1mm larger connecting rod journals increase performance.
- Compact slant-block engine design uses widely triangulated gearbox shafts to make the GP-derived, straight frame concept work; optimum weight distribution and excellent handling are the result.
- GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization, and contains EXUP, an O2 sensor and catalyzers for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and EU-3 emissions compliance.
- Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction—also a narrow engine.
- Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish. Curved radiator with twin-ring cooling fans keeps everything cool.
- Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and highoutput magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- All-new Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity—welcome to the next level of 600 class handling.
- MotoGP-style 52.5-percent front-wheel weight bias helps produce razor-sharp handling.
- A new swingarm is 2.2 pounds lighter and pivots 20mm higher in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-/low-speed compression, and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-/low-speed compression, and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged, one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
- Removable CF die cast rear subframe is light and strong.
- Super-light five-spoke 17-inch wheels are light and strong; the casting technique makes the rim section light, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Quick-detach license plate holder and rear turnsignal mount makes prepping for track days or racing a snap.
- Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right-handlebar switch.
- Multi-function digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, forward inclined inline 4 cylinder, DOHC, 16-titanium valves
- 600 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 42.5mm
- Liquid cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection w/ YCCT
- Front Suspension
- 41mm inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable preload, separate high & low-speed compression damping, rebound damping; 4.7" travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock w/adjustable preload, separate high & low-speed compression damping, rebound damping; 4.7" travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310mm floating discs w/radial mount, forged 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm disc w/ single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 357 lbs.
- 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
- Final Drive
- #525 V8 O-ring chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black, Raven, Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)