2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450cc 4x4
One size fits all. The Wolverine 450 4x4 combines features like 4WD and a full automatic transmission with light weight, sport-tuned adjustable suspension. The result is a highly functional machine that's total blast to ride.
- The Wolverine 450 4x4 combines features like 4WD and a fully automatic transmission with light weight, sport-tuned adjustable suspension. The result is a highly functional machine that's a blast to ride.
- The Wolverine 450 4x4 Special Edition: Black as night with red trim and shock springs, this wicked-looking cross-over takes no prisoners.
- A liquid-cooled 421cc single feeding power through a full-auto constantly variable transmission means just twist the throttle and go. The Wolverine 450 is a great explorer.
- A fully automatic transmission and Yamaha On-Command® gear selector system means switching from 2WD to 4WD is as simple as jabbing the handlebar-mounted button.
- Raptor-inspired styling includes aggressive bodywork with integrated floorboards, a comfortable sport seat and an integrated rear rack.
- Sport-tuned suspension, radial sport tires and light weight add up to an excellent-handling ATV.
- Pushbutton electric starting for quick easy starts in nearly any condition.
- Powerful 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is torquey, revvable, smooth-running and extremely reliable.
- A semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver great throttle response and performance at all rpm.
- Fully automatic transmission is extremely rugged and reliable with a constant belt-tensioning system, which provides confident downhill engine braking.
- A large-capacity aluminum radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter simplifies that task.
- An automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance requirements.
- Light, high-tensile steel frame provides a strong foundation for double-wishbone front and single-shock rear long-travel suspension systems for a sporty yet comfortable ride.
- Five-way preload-adjustable suspension front and rear lets the Wolverine 450 be dialed in just right for varying loads and conditions.
- A dry weight under 516 pounds means the Wolverine 450 runs right with the big sport dogs.
- Low-maintenance shaft drives provide near-bulletproof strength and reliability.
- Front and rear hydraulic disc brakes provide plenty of stopping power.
- 23x8-12 radial sport tires up great traction and quick, light handling.
- Aluminum wheels mean low unsprung weight for great suspension action and overall performance.
- Full skid plates provide great undercarriage protection.
- A digital dash meter keeps track of speed and other essentials.
- An underseat storage compartment and integrated rear cargo rack make it easy to bring the things you need.
- Type: 421cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5mm x 75.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 0.417361111111111
- Carburetion: Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC – CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-Belt / F,N,R
- Engine Braking: Front & Rear Wheel
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton 2WD, 4WD ; Shaft
- Suspension/Front: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks, 6.3-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Swingarm; 5-way preload-adjustable, 7.1-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic Disc
- Tires/Front: AT23 x 8-12 Radial
- Tires/Rear: AT23 x 10-12 Radial
- L x W x H: 77.9 x 41.9 x 43.1 in
- Seat Height: 33.1 in
- Wheelbase: 48.5 in
- Turning Radius: 118”
- Ground Clearance: 8.7 in
- Fuel Capacity: 3.8 gal
- Dry Weight: 516 lb
- Towing Capacity: 1,102 lb with optional hitch
- Instrumentation: Digital speedometer, odometer
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight
- Engine Type
- 421 cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
- 421 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 84.5 x 75.0 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Starting System
- Ignition: DC – CDI; Starting System: Electric
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks
- Front Travel
- 6.3 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- AT23 x 8-12 Radial
- Rear Travel
- 7.1 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm; 5-way preload-adjustable
- Rear Brake Type
- Hydraulic Disc
- Rear Tires
- AT23 x 10-12 Radial
- Dry Weight
- 516 lbs
- Towing Capacity
- 1,102 lbs with optional hitch
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.8 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 8.7 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 77.9" x 41.9" x 43.1"
- 48.5 in.
- Drive Train
- Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton 2WD, 4WD ; Shaft
- Yamaha Ultramatic® V-Belt / F,N,R
- Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight
- Team Yamaha Blue/White, Gray/Red, Special Edition Black w/Red Accents