2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 750cc 4x4
Brute Force 750cc 4x4
Fuel injected 90-degree 749cc V-twin engine
- Digital fuel Injection provides the perfect delivery throughout the rpm range with fast throttle response
- 36mm throttle bodies are controlled by a 32-bit CPU, which monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to help ensure the perfect air fuel mixture
- Light throttle action due to low spring rate for the throttle return springs and ball bearing equipped throttle body for less friction
- High-pressure fuel pump located inside tank
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Highly efficient and compact rare-earth magnets in the generator help contribute to reduced engine width
- Engine can be started in any gear when a brake is applied
- Access to the air filter requires removing only one cover
- Radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for better protection against mud and debris
Transmission and Powertrain
- Fully automatic Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System (KAPS) continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction
- Air for the CVT and airbox enter from a reverse-facing snorkel located beneath the handlebars to help protect against water and mud
- Rider can select two- or four-wheel-drive operation by pressing a button located on the handlebar
- Cardan joints on drive shafts absorb torque fluctuations and reduce vibration
- Plastic front and rear axle boots provide protection from debris
- Double-cradle frame is made of sturdy, tubular steel
- Chassis provides 9.7 inches of ground clearance
- Dual A-arm front suspension feature adjustable shocks and 6.7 inches of travel
- Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at low to medium speeds, and provides 7.9 inches of travel
- Upper and lower front A-arms and lower rear A-arms utilize a combination of needle bearings and ball joints for smooth suspension action, stability and excellent rider comfort
- Dual front disc brakes with two-piston calipers and Kawasaki's sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the ATV under certain conditions
- High-gloss, scratch resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin bodywork stays looking good longer
- Waterproof storage box in the left front fender that compliments the easy-access storage pocket on the right side
- Bumper design provides an effective handgrip position
- Comfortable, upright seating position combined with the independent rear suspension for a luxurious ride
- Rider comfort is enhanced via soft, yet firm urethane seat foam that provides lasting support for long hours in the saddle
- Automotive-style instruments include digital speedometer, odometer, twin trip meters, clock, hour meter and fuel gauge and are mounted for easy viewing
- Fitted with pre-routed tubing and mounting brackets for easy winch wiring and installation
- Four-bulb 40-watt headlights provide maximum lighting power for nighttime rides
- Aluminum footpegs help keep weight low
- Trailer hitch bracket with 1,250 lbs. towing capacity is standard equipment
- Tire and wheel design provides an integrated look with aggressive bodywork as well as superb traction
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
- Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
- Displacement: 749cc
- Starting system: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 85 x 66mm
- Compression ratio: 8.8:1
- Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
- Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Frame: Double-cradle, tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arm / 6.7 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Fully Independent, dual A-arm / 7.9 in.
- Front tires: AT25x8-12
- Rear tires: AT25x10-12
- Front brakes: Dual hydraulic 200mm discs with 2-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 86.4 in.
- Overall width: 45.9 in.
- Overall height: 48.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 9.7 in.
- Seat height: 35.6 in.
- Lighting: (4) 40W headlights, 5W taillight, 21W stoplight
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 88 / 176 lbs.
- Towing capacity: 1,250 lbs.
- Curb weight: 652.7 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Instruments: Speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, clock, hour meter, fuel gauge, 2x4/4x4 indicator, neutral indicator, reverse indicator, low fuel warning light, low oil warning light
- Color choices: Woodsman Green, Sunbeam Red, Lime Green, Super Black and Dark Royal RedSpecial: Metallic Nocturne Blue
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Engine Type
- 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin, SOHC, four valves per cylinder
- 749 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 85 x 66 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection; (2) 36 mm Mikuni throttle bodies
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Dual A-arm
- Front Travel
- 6.7 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic 200mm discs with 2-piston calipers
- Front Tires
- Rear Suspension
- Fully Independent, dual A-arm
- Rear Travel
- 7.9 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Rear Tires
- Double-cradle, tubular steel
- Dry Weight
- Curb weight: 652.7 lbs
- Front Rack Capacity
- 88 lbs
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 176 lbs
- Towing Capacity
- 1,250 lbs
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 gal
- Ground Clearance
- 9.7 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 86.4 x 45.9 x 48.5 in.
- 50.6 in.
- Final Drive
- Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
- Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- (4) 40W headlights, 5W taillight, 21W stoplight
- Woodsman Green, Sunbeam Red, Lime Green, Super Black and Dark Royal Red
- Warranty: 12 Months; Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months