2010 Yamaha Raptor 700cc
SPORT ATV (728)
The Raptor 700 R SE adds a few special touches to the already class leading Raptor.
Along with the super high performance piggy-back clicker shocks with high and low speed compression damping adjustments, for 2010 the Raptor 700R SE will come standard with Pro Armor nerf bars, bumper and hand guards.
Truly a lightweight big-bore sport ATV, with an engine designed for torque, and a chassis designed to rail corners. Inspired by the YFZ, the Raptor 700 R has many of the race bred features developed from years on the track, with a little extra comfort built in. With a wider/thicker seat, taller bars and suspension damping geared for the trails, the Raptor has an edge over the YFZ for long distance trail riding. It's more comfortable, has more leg room, and with all that torque, you aren't searching for gears every corner. So if you're looking for the ultimate sport ATV, and spend most of your time on the trails, look no further. The Raptor 700 R… let them eat YOUR dust
Engine: This 686cc Fuel Injected SOHC 4-valve single is a high torque monster that's so smooth, you may find yourself using fewer gears to go from corner to corner. With a focus on low to mid-range power, and incredible throttle response, you don't have to worry about always keeping the engine in the power band, Instead… just stab the throttle and feel it pull. Of course, the most envied component of the Raptor 700R is the Yamaha Fuel Injection system (YFI). The YFI improves throttle response throughout the powerband, helping the rider take advantage of that improved low- to mid-range power. YFI offers unmatched performance at high elevation as the system is able to detect and compensate for changes in altitude. The more precise fuel delivery offered by the YFI means clean power delivery, better throttle response and improved fuel economy under a multitude of riding situations. In addition, YFI means no choke and easier cold starting. A forged piston for reduced weight and added durability, combined with an aluminum cylinder body with composite coating offers reduced weight, increased cooling ability and additional wear resistance. Roller rocker arms reduce friction in the valve train, which allows the engine to rev more freely leading to better overall performance and improved throttle response. Of course, the beloved electric start feature continues to make firing the liquid-cooled, four-valve SOHC powerplant to life a snap.
Drive Train: Delivering all that power is the five-speed manual transmission (with reverse, of course). The transmission's gearing ratio has been revised, optimizing the additional power and making full use of the powerband under a variety of riding situations. The direct-type ratchet shifter gives a more direct, improved shift feeling - similar to that found on the Raptor's two-wheeled racing cousins, the YZ line. Continuing along the backside of the 700R, we find the Yamaha Cam Adjust drive chain adjuster. This eccentric shaft-type design makes for quick and easy chain adjustments.
Chassis: The frame of the Raptor 700R will also turn heads thanks to its hybrid design. High-tensile steel marries with a cast aluminum frame up front, while the rear frame is die-cast aluminum. This design ensures the Raptor stays compact and light weight while reducing vibration and ensuring optimum rigidity.
Suspension: Adding even more performance the SE Raptor sports piggy-back clicker shocks to the front and back with high and low speed compression adjustment. The double-wishbone front A-arms feature reduced weight and increased strength thanks to the use of aluminum, square-shaped tubes of the upper arms and steel lower arms. The front shock absorber incorporates a high pressure gas (HPG) oil damper, adding to the optimum suspension set up. The one piece aluminum die-cast rear swing arm offers superior rear wheel traction, reduced weight and added comfort for the rider.
Brakes: Not that you'll want to stop once you get a taste of the Raptor 700R, but it's worth noting that the braking system is ready, willing and definitely able to stop you in your tracks. The hydraulic front brakes get YFZ-type twin piston front calipers while the rear disc size is reduced for lighter weight. The new system provides plenty of stopping power regardless of the terrain you're traversing. The popular toggle link-type parking brake lever returns for 2008 with the auto-adjust feature that keeps maintenance to a minimum.
Tires: The power of the Raptor 700R is put to the ground via a set of front and rear Dunlop radials. This design offers improved cornering and added comfort to riders under a bevy of conditions. The tires are mounted on aluminum rims, which include a rolled edge for added durability.
Styling: The Raptor incorporates a YFZ-style headlight, integrated LED tail light and YZ-style seat, which helps to improve rider mobility and comfort under all riding conditions. Attracting attention out back is the exhaust system - a stainless two-into-one pipe and oval shape silencer, which has been turned sideways, adding a unique flair to the Raptor's ultra-aggressive look.
LCD Gauge: Newly designed Liquid Crystal Display provides improved functionality including a speedometer, odometer with dual trips and even a clock.
Throttle Lever: Newly designed throttle lever designed to reduce hand and thumb fatigue.
- Engine: 4-stroke, SOHC, liquid-cooled, single
- Displacement: 686cc
- Bore and Stroke: 102 x 84mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Carburetion: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm
- Ignition: 16 Bit ECU
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: Wide-ratio 5-Speed Manual Clutch w/Reverse
- Final Drive: Sealed O-ring chain
- Suspension (Front): Independent double wishbone, 9.1" travel w/piggy back with high/low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment
- Suspension (Rear): Cast aluminum swingarm, 10.1" travel w/piggy back with high/low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment
- Brakes (Front): Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Brakes (Rear): Hydraulic Disc with wave style rotor and self adjusting parking brake function
- Tires (Front): AT21x7-10 Radial
- Tires (Rear): AT20x10-9 Radial
- Length: 1,845mm (72.6")
- Width: 1,170mm (46.1")
- Height: 1,130mm (44.5")
- Wheelbase: 1,280mm (50.4")
- Ground Clearance: 112mm (4.4")
- Seat Height: 815mm (32")
- Dry Weight: 180kg (396 lb)
- Fuel Capacity: 11 litres
- Colour(s): Special Edition White/Black
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, SOHC, single
- 686 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 102 x 84 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Starting System
- Ignition: 16 Bit ECU; Starting: Electric
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone, 9.1" travel w/piggy back with high/low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment
- Front Travel
- 9.1 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Front Tires
- AT21x7-10 Radial
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum swingarm, 10.1" travel w/piggy back with high/low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment
- Rear Travel
- 10.1 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Hydraulic Disc with wave style rotor and self adjusting parking brake function
- Rear Tires
- AT20x10-9 Radial
- Dry Weight
- 180 kg (396 lbs.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 11 l (2.9 gal)
- Ground Clearance
- 112 mm (4.4 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 1,845 mm (72.6 in.) x 1,170 mm (46.1 in.) x 1,130 mm (44.5 in.)
- 1,280 mm (50.4 in.)
- Final Drive
- Sealed O-ring chain
- Wide-ratio 5-Speed Manual Clutch w/Reverse
- Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight
- Special Edition White/Black
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)